As data scientist planning and forecasting you help companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and models. You are a creative mind with a passion for forecasting and planning algorithms and a fascination for big data.
Your role as Data Scientist Planning and Forecasting
In your work, you deal with the three pillars of applied analytics: data engineering, model development and storytelling (presenting and visualizing results in an insightful, compelling and narrative way).
With a sharp analytical eye, you translate business challenges and opportunities into a design that you implement and embed in the customer’s organization. Designing your solutions, you never lose sight of the people that work with them and the processes that they support.
At EyeOn you will work with the latest techniques, solutions and insights in the field of planning and forecasting. As believers in the future where data is the core and most decisions are made by machines, we are constantly developing ourselves and the techniques and methods we work with. We challenge you to do the same.
Your working location will mainly be at our office in Aarle-Rixtel. Our Forecasting & Planning and knowledge center is located in there.
- Data mining of company internal and public data sources;
- Translating planning, forecasting and sensing challenges into mathematical decision support models;
- Presenting results in a narrative and insightful way to managers and planners;
- Raising the efficiency and quality of applied analytics projects by standardizing and improving technical methods and applications;
- Contribute to the innovative power of EyeOn by running applied analytics lab projects;
- Raising the expertise of EyeOn colleagues in the area of applied analytics.
- Working location: Eindhoven
- A completed university education and master degree in Operations Research, Data Science, Econometrics, Mathematics or similar;
- 3 – 10 years of relevant experience in supply chain planning and forecasting processes;
- You see a challenge in translating complex practical problems into mathematical models;
- Experience with programming, preferably in Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn);
- Highly proficient in processing and analyzing data (SQL knowledge is a must, knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop, Sprak, Pig, Hive, etc. is a pre);
- Tech-savvy: eager to learn new technologies and applications;
- Knowledge of, and experience with typical data science techniques (regression, classification, clustering, math programming, simulation, etc..)
- EU-working permit.
Data Science & Solution (DS²)
As Data Scientitst you will become part of the team Data Science & Solution (DS²), which is one of the most innovative teams within our industry. EyeOn (DS²)is the team that:
- Performs data analysis and assessments based on analytical tools in Dataiku like R, Python, Matlab and Tableau;
- Implements cloud based planning solutions for our international customers like Astellas, Lekkerland, Sano Rice and Coca Cola;
- Helps companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and analytical models.
We are creative minds with a passion for analytics, forecasting- and planning algorithms and a fascination for big data.
DS² is a believes in the future of IoT, Big Data and Machine Learning. They develop and implement new and innovative solutions for our customers based on the latest technologies and insights.
Why work for EyeOn?
- A great place to work in a no-nonsense environment: you will work with colleagues that have absolute passion for supply chain planning and data science.
- Challenging projects with large multinationals: varying in length from one week upto six months.
- A healthy work/life balance: at EyeOn your private life is equally – if not more – important as your work.
- Employee autonomy: you decide how you schedule your agenda, work and working location.
- Focus on personal development: at EyeOn you create your own personal development program and we facilitate you in this.
- Excellent employee benefits and perks including bonus potential: you can receive bonusses on personal development, on how well the company is doing and we have a good company lunch.
- Lease car, public transportation business card, laptop, phone, reimbursement of expenses
An individual assessment is part of our selection procedure.
For more information please contact Bart Geerts at email@example.com or call: +31(0)6 83 34 01 07.
In striving for success, large companies have to continuously struggle against growing internal complexity. We help our clients manage this complexity by designing, implementing and executing excellent planning processes as a discriminating factor for this success. In order to achieve this, we develop and share knowledge about top level planning and forecasting, with constantly demonstrable return on investment for our clients.
For more information check our corporate site.