Will you become the technology visionary of the EyeOn Data Science Team?
As solution architect you have a key position within EyeOn. You develop your vision on the technological developments in the field of applied data science for forecasting and planning. This is a vision that cuts complexity into simple and small chunks, in order to answer the business questions of our customers. The technological roadmap you will sketch is the EyeOn guide into the future.
The EyeOn Data Science Team is a highly innovative team providing services within planning and forecasting to a great set of multinational customers from different industries, like Swinckels, Etos, Johnson & Johnson, Philips, Stryker, Damen Shipyards, Harman/Kardon, Jumbo, and many others. It is a young team of 20 enthusiastic and highly educated colleagues that perform advanced forecasting assessments, multi-echelon inventory optimizations, and other exciting projects for our customers.
Your role as solution architect
As mentioned your input will create the long-term technological roadmap for EyeOn and our Data Science Team. All our innovation is done on a AWS tool stack. At the heart of this tool stack is Dataiku DSS, which boosts our innovation power trough scalability and modularity.
You have a natural interest in what is going on in the development of data science technologies and solutions. When sketching your roadmap you take into account the possibilities a technique offers, as well as the possible downsides of a technique. In the end it is always important this technology will answer the business questions of our clients.
You will work closely with several product owners within EyeOn that own roadmaps to further develop their propositions. You coach your colleagues in choosing the right technical solution within your existing roadmap so that there will be a universal usage of tooling and techniques.
To do so you set development, design and user interaction standards and propagate these throughout the organization.
All in all this a role that that has a great strategic impact on further development of our Data Science proposition. Do you think that you have the right mindset, knowledge and skills to take up this challenge?
Of course you want to know what techniques you work with a EyeOn.
Our models use different techniques depending on the application: we use statistical time series analysis as well as machine learning, we use math programming and heuristic optimization, we also use simulation techniques and stochastic models to solve our challenges. Our tool stack consists of fit-for purpose technologies such as Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Cython), database management systems like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI and optimization in Litic. We develop our own toolkit in a DevOps process supported by Jira, Git and Docker with deployment on AWS. Our project governance and much of our modelling is done in Dataiku DSS.
- At least 5 years of working experience in system development and architecture;
- A Master’s degree;
- It is a must that you are knowledgeable within supply chain planning;
- Able to challenge your colleagues in a constructive matter when discussing on developing new tooling;
- Understanding which technology will answer business questions best;
- In-depth knowledge and vision on Data Science techniques, tooling, and development;
- Working location: Eindhoven.
About our Data Science Team
We are one of the most innovative teams and frontrunners within our industry.
EyeOn Data Science is the team that:
- Performs data analysis and assessments based on analytical tools like R, Python, Matlab and Tableau;
- Works for international customers like ASML, Unilever, Heineken, Astellas, AkzoNobel, Sligro, Vanderlande, and Tata Steel;
- Helps companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and analytical models.
We are creative minds with a passion for analytics, forecasting- and planning algorithms and a fascination for big data.
As believers in the future where data is the core and most decisions are made by machines, we are constantly developing ourselves and the techniques and methods we work with. It is one of our objectives to keep innovating on these matters and be ahead of the competition.
Why work for EyeOn?
- A great place to work in a no-nonsense environment: you will work with colleagues that have absolute passion for supply chain planning and data science.
- Time to dive into new tooling and techniques during innovation labs: you decide what you would like to explore.
- Challenging projects with large multinationals: varying in length from one week up to eight months.
- A healthy work/life balance: at EyeOn your private life is equally – if not more – important as your work.
- Employee autonomy: you decide how you schedule your agenda, work and working location.
- Focus on personal development: at EyeOn you create your own personal development program and we facilitate you in this.
- Excellent employee benefits and perks including bonus potential: you can receive bonusses on personal development, on how well the company is doing, we have a good company lunch, and of course a table football table.
- Lease car, public transportation business card, laptop, and phone.
For more information please contact Bart Geerts at email@example.com or call: +31 (0)6 83 34 01 07