As Data Analyst Planning and Forecasting you help companies make better forecasting, planning and inventory management decisions, based on quantitative analysis and models. You are a creative mind with a passion for planning, both the technology and the reality of business. You are keen to translate data science outcomes into business impact.
Your role as data scientist planning and forecasting
In your work, you deal with the three pillars of applied analytics: data engineering, model development and storytelling (presenting and visualizing results in an insightful, compelling, and narrative way). You keep a sharp analytical eye on both the business challenges and the hard data science.
Your activities are a mix between shorter customer projects (4-6 weeks), internal developments, and longer ‘interim’ activities (3-6 months) at selected customers. This provides unique opportunities to learn about and work with the latest data science insights around forecasting, inventory management, and other aspects of planning, as well as great experiences being immersed in the reality of business.
At EyeOn you will work with the latest techniques, solutions and insights in the field of planning and forecasting. As believers in the future where data is the core and most decisions are made by machines, we are constantly developing ourselves and the techniques and methods we work with. We challenge you to do the same.
Your primary work location will be at our customer locations and our office in Aarle-Rixtel, where our Forecasting & Planning knowledge center is located.
- Translating planning challenges into data science solutions;
- In interim projects, helping customers in any way needed with their challenges, creating ad-hoc analyses, providing insightful dashboards, developing their in-house data science knowledge, etc.
- Contribute to the innovative power of EyeOn by running applied analytics lab projects;
- Raising the expertise of EyeOn colleagues in the area of applied analytics.
- A completed university education and master degree in Operations Research, Data Science, Econometrics, Mathematics or similar;
- Relevant experience in or affinity with supply chain planning and forecasting processes;
- You enjoy translating complex practical problems into mathematical models;
- Experience with programming, preferably in Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn);
- Experience with processing and analyzing data (eg. SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Knowledge of, and experience with typical data science techniques, eg. time series, regression, classification, clustering, math programming, simulation, etc.
- EU-working permit;
Data Science & Solution (DS²)
As data scientist you are part of the EyeOn Data Science Team, one of the most innovative teams within our industry. We perform data analysis and assessments based on tools such as Dataiku, Python, Spark, PowerBI, Tableau, and many more. We help companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and analytical models. We are creative minds with a passion for analytics, forecasting- and planning algorithms and a fascination for data. We believe in the digital transformation and a data-driven future. We develop and implement new and innovative solutions for our customers based on the latest technologies and insights.
Why work for EyeOn?
- A great place to work in a no-nonsense environment: you will work with colleagues that have absolute passion for supply chain planning and data science.
- Challenging projects with large multinationals: varying in length from one-week up to eight months. You will typically work on 2-3 projects at a time.
- A healthy work/life balance: at EyeOn your private life is equally – if not more – important as your work.
- Employee autonomy: you decide how you schedule your agenda, work and working location.
- Focus on personal development: at EyeOn you create your own personal development program and we facilitate you in this. We are proud that our employees rate our mentoring and coaching very highly.
- Excellent employee benefits and perks including bonus potential: you can receive bonusses on personal development, on how well the company is doing.
- Lease car, public transportation business card, laptop, phone, reimbursement of expenses.
An individual assessment is part of our selection procedure.
For more information about applying, please contact Bart Geerts at email@example.com or call +31 (0) 683340107
In striving for success, large companies must continuously struggle against growing internal complexity. We help our clients manage this complexity by designing, implementing and executing excellent planning processes as a discriminating factor for this success. In order to achieve this, we develop and share knowledge about top level planning and forecasting, with constantly demonstrable return on investment for our clients.
For additional information check our website.