The Data Scientist Inventory Management has a key role in EyeOn’s Data Science and Solutions Team. You will be working with the highly skilled and motivated colleagues on very challenging projects for large (multinational) companies in process, pharmaceutical, fast moving consumer goods and high tech industries.
Your role as Data Scientist Inventory Management
You will be making a real difference, letting these companies fulfill their customer’s demand more reliably and more efficiently. You will be working on the latest innovative technologies in operations research and data science to find ever smarter solutions to our customer’s challenges.
On a yearly bases we take up many different inventory optimization projects – a.o. SEIO and MEIO – for big multinationals in the process industry, consumer goods, life science, and in the engineering to order industry. With our high level knowledge on this specific subject matter we succesfully optimize inventory levels for our clientele, in order to make their processes more efficient.
In this role you will become part of our inventory proposition within our Data Science Team. You will lead projects and work as team member in projects as well.
Your working location will mainly be at our office in Aarle-Rixtel. Our Forecasting & Planning and knowledge center is located in there.
- You work on large, complex and challenging inventory and planning optimization projects;
- Translating business challenges into quantitative models and solutions that match the various maturity levels of our customers;
- You have the experience that allows you to deploy these solutions and drive the improvement in inventory, customer service, cost or margin for our customers;
- Engaging with planners as well as senior management, addressing their challenges in an adequate and professional manner and helping them make the right decision;
- You are a thought-leader on inventory management, representing EyeOn on the topic of inventory and supply chain optimization at network events and conferences;
- Giving master classes to professionals from industry on inventory management;
- Coaching and training colleagues on inventory management and supply chain optimization;
- Working location: Eindhoven.
- MSc. or Ph.D. in stochastic operations research or related field;
- Between 3 and 8 years of experience in quantitative supply chain improvement projects;
- Passionate about quantitative modelling and inventory / supply chain optimization;
- Able to inspire colleagues, stimulating them to develop themselves professionally;
- In-depth knowledge and experience on stochastic (inventory) modeling, Monte Carlo simulation, heuristic optimization and mathematical programming;
- Technology savvy, knowledgeable about and experienced in scientific programming and algorithm development;
- In-depth knowledge about and experience with ERP and APS systems;
- Strong communicator, able to explain complex challenges and solutions to planners, higher management and consultants alike;
- Excellent story teller, strong in data visualization;
- Broad knowledge and overview on theory and approaches to inventory management challenges but pragmatic in implementation;
- Team player, inspirator, fun to work with, and no-nonsense.
About EyeOn DS²
This is one of the most innovative teams within its industry.
EyeOn Data Science & Solutions (DS²) is the team that:
- performs data analysis and assessments based on analytical tools like R, Python, Matlab and Tableau;
- implements cloud based planning solutions for our international customers like ASML, Philips, Unilever, Heineken and Johnson & Johnson;
- helps companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and analytical models.
They are creative minds with a passion for analytics, forecasting- and planning algorithms and a fascination for big data.
As believers in the future where data is the core and most decisions are made by machines, we are constantly developing ourselves and the techniques and methods we work with. It is one of our objectives to keep innovating on these matters and be ahead of the competition.
Why work for EyeOn?
- A great place to work in a no-nonsense environment: you will work with colleagues that have absolute passion for supply chain planning and data science.
- Challenging projects with large multinationals: varying in length from one week upto six months.
- A healthy work/life balance: at EyeOn your private life is equally – if not more – important as your work.
- Employee autonomy: you decide how you schedule your agenda, work and working location.
- Focus on personal development: at EyeOn you create your own personel development program and we faciltate you in this.
- Excellent employee benefits and perks including bonus potential: you can receive bonusses on personal development, on how well the company is doing and we have a good company lunch.
- Lease car, public transportation business card, laptop, phone, reimbursement of expenses
An individual assessment is part of our selection procedure.
For more information contact Bart Geerts at email@example.com or call: +31(0)6 83 34 01 07.
In striving for success, large companies have to continuously struggle against growing internal complexity. We help our clients manage this complexity by designing, implementing and executing excellent planning processes as a discriminating factor for this success. In order to achieve this, we develop and share knowledge about top level planning and forecasting, with constantly demonstrable return on investment for our clients.
For more information check our corporate site.